Get Your Heroine Fix Here!
Developer Zeboyd Games has finally release details concerning their next project, Cosmic Star Heroine. This is the most ambitious title to date to be announced by Zeboyd Games, and the first original title of theirs since Cthulhu Saves the World. Cosmic Star Heroine takes inspiration from Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star & Suikoden, and will be available on PC,Mac, VIta, and PS4.
It’s been interesting to follow the evolution of Zeboyd Games as developers. Their early work was simple in scope, but full of passion for the genre. They’ve really come into their own as makers of rpgs, and maintain a degree of creative freedom not seen too often in more modern releases. Now onto Cosmic Star Heroine.
Some features include:
- Good old-fashioned classic turn-based RPG!
- Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to)!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the dungeons & areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
- Animated cut-scenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by Hyperduck (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4) inspired by the genre greats!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Intricately designed encounters make each new battle its own challenge!
- Your own spy headquarters! Recruit new agents to help it grow!
The project is currently up on kickstarter, and is set for a December 2014 release date. The golden age of rpgs during the SNES and PSX have passed, but it’s nice to see smaller develpers picking up the torch.